W Bro Ray Hall was present with his 70th year in Freemasonry certificate by W Bro Charlie Yelland, Assistant PGM and a detailed reading of his long service to freemasonry given by W Bro Richard Ebrey, Provincial Grand Secretary.
Initiated 7th December 1948 into Sutton Lodge 6580 and subsequently passed and raised.
In September 1950 discharged from Royal Navy being medically unfit and entered the Civil Service in 1951. In 1953 was successful in the Civil Service examination for Officer of Customs and Excise and in 1954 moved to Birmingham.
1954 – 1961 married Pamela and set up first home in Castle Bromwich where our two daughters were born.
1961 – 1970 transferred to London residing in Woodley, Reading and later in Sonning. In 1964 our son Roger was born. During these years my Masonic activity was confined to regularly receiving the summons, an infrequent letter to Lodge Secretary and to ensure my dues were paid.
1970 I was introduced to W. Bro. Butcher. He, together with W. Bro. “Blanco” White, was attempting to form a new Lodge in Berkshire for Masons who were unattached. I was introduced to a small working party they had set up and invited to join them. That meeting led to an active involvement with Berkshire Freemasonry until I returned to Plymouth in 1989.
- April 1972 Consecration of Vale of Lodden Lodge 8421. Being a founder member I was appointed Senior Deacon.
- September 1975 I was installed as Worshipful Master and afterwards carried out different offices.
- 1982 appointed Past Provincial Grand Senior Deacon.
- 1989 appointed Past Provincial Grand Registrar.
- July 1989 we returned to Plymouth and I resumed regular attendance of Sutton Lodge.
- May 1995 I was appointed Senior Warden to assist in a smooth progression of Officers and Worshipful Master in 1996.
- April 1997 appointed Past Provincial Junior Grand Warden.
- 1998 was the 50th anniversary of the Lodge.
- 1998 Received certificate marking 50 years membership of Craft.
- 2008 Received certificate marking 60 years membership of Craft
Holy Royal Arch
- Jan. 1990 A joining member of Maristow Chapter 2725
- April 1993 appointed ADC and on death of Ex. Comp. Miller I was DC until 1996.
- 1997 appointed Past Provincial Grand Registrar.
- 2000 installed as 1st Principal to ensure smooth procession.
- 2004 appointed Past Provincial Grand Scribe Nehemiah.
- March 1990 a joining member of Caput Anguli Lodge 798 MMM.
- 2002 installed as Worshipful Master.
- 2004 appointed Past Provincial Grand Inspector of Works.