The Plym Lodge No.3821 was consecrated on 28th February 1918 and on 28th February 2018, eighty five Freemasons from both Devonshire and countrywide gathered to commemorate the Centenary at the Davie Masonic Hall in Plymouth, the home of the Lodge since its consecration.
Undeterred by the howling blizzard battering the outside of the hall, the celebration was led by W. Bro Andy McGoldrick PPrAGDC, Worshipful Master. From the Province, W. Bro Peter J M Keaty PSGD, Assistant Provincial Grand Master, and W. Bro Colin C Gale PSGD, Assistant Provincial Grand Master presided in the place of R.W. Bro Ian Kingsbury Provincial Grand Master, who was snowed in at his home in Winkleigh.
Click on images to enlarge
The Lodge Secretary, W. Bro John Soul PPrJGW gave a light-hearted summary of the history of the Lodge, W. Bro Derek Webber PSGD, PastAsstPGM read a transcript of the Centenary Warrant, the original being stuck in Exeter and W. Bro Colin Gale presented the Centenary Jewel to the Worshipful Master.
The Provincial Grand Chaplain, W. Bro Graham Lea MBE gave an oration and then led the Lodge in a short rededication ceremony. In the absence of an organist, also snowed in at home, the re-dedication hymn, “Immortal, invisible, God only wise,” was sung unaccompanied and with great gusto.
The Brethren retired to the refectory where following a champagne reception a convivial festive banquet was enjoyed by all.
Article: WBro. John Soul PPrJGW, Lodge Secretary – Pictures: WBro John Smerdon PAGDC